Version 0 (2014 – 2015)

The code for this version is (perhaps fortunately) lost to time. The only thing I remember about it is that it had similar navigation to v1. And that it was built as a student project using student design work. That’s called efficiency.

Built with jQuery, I assume.

Version 1 (2015 – 2017)

Mostly this was a showcase for the design work I did as a student, but if you look closely you can find some client work. The copy (and color contrast) on this site is really bad, and I find it’s best to not think about the quality of the code.

Built with Prepros, Pug (née Jade), Sass, and jQuery.

Version 2 (2017)

The first portfolio I made as a developer. I hated the design on this one basically as soon as I launched it, and it lasted fewer than 6 months before I scrapped it for v3.

Built with Rollup, Metalsmith, Pug, PostCSS, and Tachyons.

Version 3 (2017 – 2020)

This design proved popular, and several developers forked the repo and used it as a basis for their own sites. However it proved limiting when I wanted to implement dark mode. Also I got bored of it (the Designer’s Curse™).

Built with Gatsby, Preact, MDX, and Rebass.

Version 4 (2020 – present)

The exact same site as this site (v4.1), but implemented in Gatsby.

Built with Gatsby, Preact, MDX, and Theme UI.